2. Never skip breakfast.
3. Sometimes older kids think it's "uncool" to play with younger ones. Don't worry, they grow out of it.
4. Ask questions.
5. Tell the truth.
6. Only the dumbest people don't wear seatbelts.
7. Grandpa David is going to pinch your cheeks, but he'll stop if you ask him enough times.
8. Play pretend.
9. Don't worry about anything too much.
10. Don't let anyone trick you into thinking money is important.
12. Be a humble winner and a gracious loser.
13. Never forget how lucky you are to have Hallie as your big sister.
15. Try your hardest.
16. Rock-Paper-Scissors can resolve almost any disagreement.
17. If you're scared, ask to hold someone's hand.
18. Forgive easily.
19. Keep your promises.
20. Tell your Mom you're old enough to go to the theatre.
21. Stop and smell the roses. This can be taken literally or figuratively.
22. Don't play with doors.
23. Hoarding Halloween candy never pays off. Just trust me on this.
24. You are stronger and smarter than you can possibly imagine.
25. Lead by example.
26. Popcorn and smarties. You're welcome.
27. Laugh until you cry.
28. If you want to know what bravery looks like, you can see it every time your Mom gets on an airplane.
29. Follow your hopes, not your fears.
30. There are few problems that reading a good book in a warm bath can't solve.
31. Give people the benefit of the doubt.
32. Think things through.
33. Find that balance between washing your hands enough, but not too much.
34. Uncle Asher loves it when people tickle his feet.
35. Cake is meant to be eaten two slices at a time.
37. It doesn't matter what other people think of you.
38. Have secret handshakes with your friends.
39. Walk outside barefoot.
40. You and Hallie are on the same team.
41. Don't be afraid to make a mistake.
43. Your Dad will do anything for you. Use that power responsibly.
44. Don't cheat. (I know you wouldn't anyway, I just have to say it).
45. Remember people's names.
46. Be silly.
47. Let Granny Lynne take photos of you. It means a lot to her.
48. Dance in the rain.
49. Learn how to play an instrument.
50. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.
PS. I'm very excited to meet you.